Saturday, May 9, 2009

2010 model changes and pricing....

2010 models - All models announced so far have 'Option Package' upgrades. So for examples- the All Weather Pkg that was standard on most 09 Premium/SE models is now a $400 'option package', and Navigation is an 'Option Package' on any model it's available on.

2010 Outback  All new and redesigned, slightly larger interior space but overall length is 1" shorter, more rear seat room, 3.6L 6 cylinder (used in the Tribeca) replaces 3.0L. 2 new transmissions for the 2.5L models - 6 speed manual and CVT (continuously variable transmission) automatic. No XT turbo model, it's gone. Premium name replaces SE. Premium models are available with a number of 'Option Packages'.   

2010 Legacy  All new and redesigned, slightly larger, more rear seat room,  3.6L 6 cylinder (used in the Tribeca) replaces 3.0L. 2 new transmissions for the 2.5L models- 6 speed manual and CVT (continuously variable transmission) automatic. All GTs are now manual.  Premium models are available with a number of 'Option Packages'  

2010 Foresters  Minor changes as far as I can tell -  Premium gets a power driver seat, Navigation gets bluetooth, Paprika Red available (see 09 Impreza). Models now are equipped with 'Option Package' upgrades- so for example the All Weather Pkg that was standard on most 09 Premium (except for early production) is now a $400 'option package' and not all Premiums will have it. 

No comments:

Kind words....

This recent Subaru lease experience has been hands down the most pleasant car shopping opportunity of my life time.


Low pressure sales and honesty.


We have never bought a Subaru prior to this and we also have 2 other Subaru Dealerships which were much closer to our home that yours. But after watching Deb on video explain how she came to be there, I was struck by her genuineness and sincerity. I guess you could say, I liked her "energy". Sure enough, our experience with her coordinating the sale proved to be the right move for us as we were simply well provided for at every turn. After having such a "class act", we could not imagine going anywhere else. So really it was Deb that drew me in, but we also observed a rare kindness and integrity in all the staff who dealt with us. So really it is true to say that we had an outstanding experience there and will definitely be back. I hope that your staff will know of these comments because they may not realize how much their incredibly awesome attitudes affect everyday people like me. I thank everyone who was a part of my experience there, and of course, my primary contact who was truly impeccable, Deb.


Doing Well: Just be as they have always been since I bought my first Subaru in 1998. Everyone from sales to service has always been polite and welcoming. A special thanks to Deb who knows us well after all these years and is always polite, courteous, and caring.


Doing Well: Planet Subaru distinguishes itself by following through on their slogan, "The undealership". Their down-to-earth, honest, sincere, low-pressure, and respectful way of doing business is so very refreshing and deeply appreciated.
Improvement Needed: Well, it would be nice if they had another store closer to the Boston area.

Mike and Deb were extremely helpful in the whole process. They were very knowledgeable about their product and were attentive to me, the customer. Ben H.

They were awesome! My mom recommended we visit Deb, and she took care of our every need. No comparison to the high pressure pass you around to the next manager we experienced elsewhere! Traci D.


This is Katy Abrams...my husband Steve and I bought a Forester from you back in December 2003.

We wanted to get in touch and tell you we recently paid it off!
We love the car still and also still remember what a pleasure it was to buy it from you! thank you so much for all your help and we hope you are doing well.

We have moved to Texas so unfortunately we will not be in to visit any time soon!

Take care

Katy and Steve Abrams


Deb Brewster, you are one amazing woman. That you would keep track of my floor mats, that you would call and want to make arrangements for me to get them, that you would actually follow through and make SURE that I got them, and have them hand delivered to within 500 yards of me at Cape Cod Community College, that you would even CARE AFTER SIX MONTHS WHETHER OR NOT I got my Subaru floor mats puts you into a remarkable, exceptional category.
You may be IN car sales, but customer service is who you ARE. I am blown away by your thoughtfulness, follow through and resourcefulness. As a Subaru customer, I look on this simple transfer of goods as the true apex of professionalism.
I deeply appreciate your going the extra mile (extra 40 miles, in fact) to make sure I got something that Planet Subaru had promised. It wasn’t that I didn’t want them, I just never seemed to be able to get there. If I was on Rte. 3 coming or going to the Cape, I was late. You spared me an effort that always felt like too much, and that kindness and thoughtfulness makes my great little Forrester looks even more special, especially with the spiffy new floor mats!!
With my thanks,
Christie L
P.S. Would you please do me one more favor, and email this to your manager and/or HR head. I would appreciate the opportunity to let your company know of my customer satisfaction.


Ms. Debra Brewster who was the salesperson, was most courteous & helpful, and did not put any pressure to me. Ron W
Deb Brewster was fantastic. I drove an extra hour to work with her. Sonya K

I had done my research and was interested in a specific model and color whichthis dealer had. I was quoted the lowest price online which resulted in a nohaggle deal. Very impressed with that as other dealers wanted to beat aroundthe bush and see if I was a *** before showing me a price. Deb Brewster was thebest sales person I have dealt with and would go back to her again. Mark A.

we bought our first Subaru at clay Subaru in Norwood, ma. honestly, I willnever visit clay Subaru again for parts or service. planet Subaru has exceededour expectations when it comes to customer service - they are honest, fair, easyto talk to, and NEVER make you feel pressured or uncomfortable during the carbuying experience. even though planet Subaru is a longer drive from our home,we find it worth the trip every time we head for service. we would highlyrecommend planet to all family/friends. Deb is patient, honest, and veryaccommodating. Stephanie R.

The saleswoman who waited on me was very knowledgeable, and personable with me,and I felt like family right away. Her young man, who was her assistant, wasextremely knowledgeable about everything, and very personable himself. So, Iwas very relaxed, and am looking forward to returning for a maintenance check tosay hi, to the two who waited on me. I forgot their names, but I'm sure youhave them. Margaret S.

Enjoyed working with Deb Brewster and Mike who drove down the car...truly madethis whole process for a woman so fantastic...Thank you Liz Liz L. CT

This place exceeded all others. There was no foolishness that you have to dealwith at other places. Michael R.

I liked how Deb gave us as much time as we needed and did not pressure us in any way. Larah W.

I would never consider buying another Subaru from any dealership but Planet Subaru. This was the easiest car buying experience I have ever had. Deb Brewster was wonderful. She listened to my concerns and allowed me to make a decision in my own time. She was knowledgeable on the product and able to explain all of the features of the car. Overall I am thrilled with the customer service at the dealership, especially with Deb. Although I did receive a fewer lower quotes, I would never consider buying a Subaru from any place else but Planet Subaru. The customer service is worth a few extra dollars! Kellie N.

Excellent communication, very professional customer service. Virginia R.

Deb is a great salesperson -we would send a friend straight to her for a car purchase. Joe Keating

My purchase of the 2006 Forester LLBean was enjoyable and fast. Deb Brewster was extremely polite and knowledgeable. I did not feel pressured which make my experience with Planet extremely pleasant. Thanks. Pamela C.


Great saleswoman ( Deb) and an awesome experience. VERY pleased with everything and everyone, Thank you so much!! John P.

Deb Brewster is fantastic! Deb made my purchase the best possible experience. She has fantastic customer service skills, and bent over backwards to accommodate my issues. She's been helpful, thorough, and willing to work out the details to make my car purchase happen in a very short time. In addition, Deb worked with the service department to have a dent removed from my hood. I have told all of my south shore friends about my wonderful buying experience, and have recommended your dealership, and Deb in particular, for their next purchase. I couldn't be happier with how well things went. THANK YOU! Roberta C.


In my years of buying cars I have never been as satisfied as I was when I bought my outback from Deb Brewster at Planet Subaru. Craig W.

Planet Subaru was willing to go the extra mile to give me a 24 hr. test drive. Dealers closer to me just said "no". Deb Brewster was a delight to deal with. Deb E.


Deb Brewster, my salesperson was awesome. She was always available to me, but never pestered me. Anna K.

Deb Brewster is an excellent salesperson, she is patient and knowledgeable. She doesn't mind staying beyond closing time to close a sale without pressure. I had a great buying experience with Deb Brewster. She is a very valuable asset to for company. Patrick Franchon from Clay Subaru Norwood Massachusetts is also an excellent salesperson, he is patient, knowledgeable and understand customers' need. I would recommend these two individuals to my friends who will be looking for a Subaru vehicle because I rate these 2 salespersons as A+. Annemarie A.

Deb was fantastic! By far the best sales representative from any car dealership I have ever worked with. So painless I am still pinching myself. Christine Caci

After my purchasing experience at Planet Subaru, I can't conceive of dealing anywhere else even if it means driving Subarus forever. Susan E.

very positive buying experience; answered "agree" v. "strongly agree" to the condition of the vehicle at pick up question because the side cargo nets I purchased had not yet been installed and the Planet Subaru logo (which I had specifically requested NOT be on the car) was on the back. Due to time constraints I had to make a second visit to rectify the situation. However it was addressed to my satisfaction and with a high level of service. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the following factors my husband and I did not visit any other dealerships* (in order of influence, high to low): 1. Confidence in and comfort with the knowledge and integrity of the salesperson, Deb Brewster. 2. Price quoted by the salesperson was in the range expected based on independent research. 3. Presence of the HRC sticker on the dealership door! * Responses to other dealership questions relate to previous auto purchase. John C.

I appreciated the no nonsense, pleasant & professional attitude. Ken V.

Dealer is some distance from home, this may influence my using the service department. Overall they are very pleasant to deal with. The sales person "Deb Brewster" was refreshing and very professional. I felt that I was talking to a friend rather than a car salesman. She was pretty much no nonsense and straight forward with me. I liked that. Robert C.

worked directly with one of the two owners, Jeff Morrill. I have owned Subaru's since 1991, a Legacy and a 2000 Forrester. I traded up to a 2005 Forrester LL Bean edition with leather as a way of celebrating the 5 years it just too to complete my master's degree. Jeff and his staff have been used to my making many trips and taking a long time to make a decision. The decision to make the upgrade trade was very short notice and they did whatever it took to meet my need to have it available on the lot for pickup with all the paperwork in place and ready to drive the day I turned in my final assignment for the degree. I am extremely gratified with Jeff and his brother and their team from sales to service. I have referred at least 3 people who have purchased cars with them as a result over the years. Their approach to doing business is unique and refreshing. As a result I will be a Subaru owner until they take the keys away and put me in a home. Thanks again...could not be happier with the purchase!!!!! Terry S.

Kudos to Deb Brewster & her no pressure sales, she was very patient with me and my crisis of what color I wanted. She should get a big fat raise. Chip L.

Deb Brewster was a pleasure to work with. I was amazed at how 'undealership' the experience was. Christy L.

I was so impressed I urged my son to buy a car from our salesperson (Deb Brewster), which he did. We are very satisfied and think Deb is outstanding. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have even considered Planet Subaru because it is too far from where I live. My son and I are both very satisfied with our cars and Deb has gone above and beyond with the purchase and delivery of accessories and other questions. She's fantastic! Denise B.

Comment
DEB BREWSTER WAS A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH. FROM THE MOMENT I ENTERED PLANET SUBARU, AND EVERY TIME I HAVE DEALT WITH HER SINCE. SHE IS ALWAYS PLEASANT, COURTEOUS, AND JUST VERY EASY GOING, SHE MADE MY NEW CAR EXPERIENCE A BREEZE!! WHEN RETURNING FOR MAINTENANCE AND A INSPECTION STICKER, DALE, THE SALES MANAGER WAS ALSO VERY HELPFUL AND ACCOMMODATING. I WILL DEFINITELY HAVE MY SUBARU SERVICED AT PLANET SUBARU. Andrew S.

The only complaint that I had when I picked up the car was that the sensor on the front passenger door was off (i.e. - the alarm kept going off and the sensor light kept coming on). We called Deb Brewster, our salesperson and she got us right in for it to be fixed. It was very quick, easy and at our convenience. I drive a lot - 600 miles a week. I have had the car for almost a month and I love it. Deb was very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant to work with - and not at all pushy. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had!! Thank you! Janet R.